Pieces of Home 2022 Prompt 5: Watch

Watch: We all have a strong preference to watch tv in the kitchen. It’s a major shared zone so the cause of lots of debate. Before COVID my TV watching was almost non-existent. I only had time for big action films and the Good Fight. Since COVID I have an unhealthy consumption of You Tube and scrapbooking videos, news, politics and current affairs, and Ted Talks. During COVID news has been one of the only ways I have seen the world, with restricted travel. The girls have their own laptops and desks in their bedrooms that allows them to choose what they want to watch without too much compromise.

Watch has another meaning for me as a prolific photographer. I notice so many details and the light is one of my favourite subjects. I love how the light changes in the house, how it falls on the environment around us, how it interplays with nature and forms rainbows in the sky. This time I got lucky to see the rainbow forming through a window after one of our coastal showers. I watch the sun rise in the mornings and love how it creates sun flares in my photos.






Comments

Popular Posts