08/08/2014 Development and 5 month milestones

Hi all,

On the 4th of August I turned 5 months old. I have not really getting bigger in size, but heavier, longer, wider and stronger.

My hands are getting broader across the knuckles and are stonger and more articulate. The back of my neck is longer and I even when lying down I can stretch it out and see everything around me. Muma thinks it is so elegant. Some times when she looks at me she can't believe how small I still am. I can fling myself backwards too so safety is an issue and carrying me with two arms free is the best way to go. I am slowly figuring out how to straighten myself up. The other day I was sitting up straight by myself but still couldnt figure out how to stop myself from falling you, or indeed figure out what to do next after landing there. I still need to practice a lot so I am better able to play without Muma helping all the time. You can see the series of photos where I am sitting up by myself but looking for Muma to help straighten me up. Sometimes I can do it on my own when I am on a hard flat surface like in a high chair.
 
I am standing up more than I shoudl but I just love pushing myself up and reaching for whatever is around me. In particular I love peering into my toy boxes and I use it as a queue to tell Muma that I want to play.  I also help her pick out what to grab out by showing her which one I want with my eyes. I am loving life right now and can tell the world with my voice. I have some consistent sounds like yeah oh, oooohhaaa, woaha (like lola), oh yeah, and something that sounds Muma especially when I'm upset. You get the idea. It won't be long until I start using the words that Mum and Dad use. It feels good to express myself and intervene in the right parts of the conversation and my tone is appropriate for what I'm trying to say.
 
I can grip a cup with both hands, and like having a little sip of water. I am so strong and Muma has to be super careful. I have been holding my evening bottle still and steady and can brush my teeth independently. It is easy for my to get things straight in my mouth and my new way of greeting people is to grab their fingers and show them how advanced my gums are in preparing for my teeth.  It is my new handshake.  I interchange from my hands to my feet when I am playing with my toys.  I don't like tummy time but I do like it when Muma holds me by the waist and I get to lean towards interesting stuff and play.  I am noticing everything, from the bricks on the wall to the fabric on couches.  You can't sit anywhere near my play gym without me asking you to move me closer to it for a play. I want to touch and explore everything and I am noticing more and more detail every day. I am also very intrigued by the ipod speaker in our bathroom, I can touch it and lift it. It has voices and music coming from it and sometimes we dance and sing at the top of our voices with joy and happiness. I can identify where little sounds are coming from in different places in the room.
 
I also cut my first tooth on my 5 month birthday. There is nothing to see or photograph yet but you can feel a sharp corner of a tooth breaking through my gums. That morning I grabbed Muma's finger and rubbed it along my gum to show her what was in my mouth and just to confirm I chomped down hard on it too.
 
Anyway enjoy the pictures, there will be more on the blog but Muma needs a bit more time to get there to update it.
 
Love Kaiya Kelly Puggles






Comments

Popular Posts