25/06/2014 Let's talk food! Only 9 sleeps to go....

Hi all,

A countdown has started in our house for a special milestone i.e. eating solids. Everyone knows how much my Dad loves cooking for the people that he loves so he is particularly excited. We are having a party (well just us really, but you can all come if you like) on the 4th of July 2014 when I turn 4 months old. I will be having my first try at eating. I'm not sure if I will have the skills yet or if my baby reflexes will kick in but we will see on the day. I will only be eating about 1 teaspoon so we are starting small. None the less it is vey exciting. Mum has been giving me a spoon to play with, my grip is good and I have some idea as to how to get it in my mouth.

At the moment I am exhibiting all of the signs:
  • A growing appetite, oh man I get hungry.
  • Watching Muma scoop food up and put it in her mouth.  Often I mimic her chewing and open my mouth often as the spoon or fork passes me by. Sometimes I reach out for it too! 
  • I can hold my head up
  • I can sit well when supported
  • I like to look at the food on Dad's plate and last night reached up and picked up his fork
  • I grab Dad's fingers and put one in my mouth to have a chew. Don't worry I am very gentle.
  • I am very curious
P.S. This week Muma had some crushed baked potato on her finger.  I tried it a couple of times, it was very interesting.
--
Love Kaiya Kelly Puggles

 

Comments

Popular Posts