Update 10: 23/02/2014 Weeks 32 & 33 (retrospec​tive) plus 31 +6 days scan (aka 32 weeks)

Hello all,
I can't believe I haven't sent out an update since the 25th January 2014.  The last update that was sent was week 31 in Melbourne, and we are now in week 37. Today Mum and I are in catch-up mode. 

Mum has been having trouble with the External Hard Drive being very, very, slow.  It is full, and mostly of pictures and I haven't even arrived yet.  Oohh ooohhh!

Week 32 + Scan: I had a scan at 31weeks and 6 days, Mum and Dad love seeing me on the screen.  It can be hard but sometimes it gives clues as to what I might look like when I arrive. One thing for sure is that I am going to have chubby cheeks. 
This weeks scan was better than the last one.  Statistically speaking I am within range (i.e. I remain within the middle to top percentiles of growth for my age).  I have a here are some stats:
Head Circumference: 313.9 mm
Tummy Circumference: 294.9 mm (down from last time which is a good sign for our diabetes)
Femur (Thigh) Length: 62.6 (which is smaller to my other lengths, I hate to break this to you Dad, but I may only be a Guard in Basketball i.e. one of the short guys / girls).
Weight estimate: 4lb(s) 13ozs or 2.173kgs
Summary: All vitals are strong, liver, heart, breathing, etc and I'm in the normal range for my biometry. I'm head down and Mum and Dad could see my nose breathing and heart opening and closing.

Week 33: My Dad has started to feel some anxiety about getting ready. This weekend he put together my cot and wrote a few notes to me in our pregnancy journal.  He had his birthday recently and he wrote that all he could think about was my birthday. There is a small collection of things making it into my room.  It is very far from being ready but I'm sure Mum and Dad will get there in the end.  It has been super hot but we are coping well and Mum is grateful but she has been finding it hard to get motivated. The aircon is awesome and thank goodness for it as I have been waking Mum up at all hours and she is still not sleeping in at all. We are just getting prepared for the three hourly feeds I'll be enjoying soon.

Love Puggles


Comments

Popular Posts