11/06/2014 Playtime and developmen​t update

Hi all,
Last Tuesday after another of Mum's job interviews Nan, Muma and I stopped by at the Coorparoo Community Health Service. I weighed in at 6.635kgs and 62.5cms long.  Wow, that is an extra 12cm and 3.235kgs in just three months.

I have been getting stronger and more vocal. I'm discovering my voice and using my hands and feet to do things like holding orchids and bouncing my blue rubber duckie around in the bath. My voice is so sweet to my Mum and Dad. It is sometimes, a squeal, a high pitched OH, a gurgle type giggle and a one syllable laugh. I'm so loud Muma can hear me from upstairs when Dad and I are playing. I'm blowing bubbles and dribbling too which makes Muma think of the day I will start teething (ouch-e-wah-wah). I grumble big time when they clean my face too.

My eyelashes are getting super long and curling. They would be at the 1cm mark. My nails are growing too and I need a manicure almost every week. My hair is about 1.5inchs but not yet long enough to tie up. I'm getting too long for my bath tub so I tried my first shower the other day, but I'm not sure about it. In the tub I can float, splash, kick and sit up (with help though). I have also been looking at myself in the mirror for a couple of months now.  I am interested to see my different outfits and feel the glass against my toes.  I am particularly happy when I see myself in the nuddy, maybe because my Muma rubs my belly for good luck because I remind her of a happy little Buddha.

I can grab things with two hands, like my rattle and I gave it a shake this week. Today I also rolled by myself from my tummy to my back. I still don't really like tummy time but I am getting stronger and more tolerant of it. I love the outdoors so Muma tries to mix it up a bit. Nadia told Muma about Babyroo so we are also doing exercises from their video series too.

Bye for now.

Kaiya Kelly Puggles







Comments

Popular Posts