11/06/2014 I'm not ready for bed yet....are you kidding!

Hello all, 

Well, we have been having some fun here at Unit 33.  Muma thought she would step back and let Dad have a turn at getting me to sleep. I was so close to a sleep and had drifted off earlier in the evening.  All the signs were there that I was ready for my final bottle of milk to start dreaming of the milky way and the stars. Dad took me upstairs with baby and bottle in hand and the rest was a normal part of the routine.

Muma was finishing off some little jobs for the night downstairs when she heard Dad's footsteps, They didn't sound like the normal pattern that would be followed after my final bottle i.e. taking me from Mum and Dad's bedroom to my room to tuck me in for the night.  Muma heard more footsteps than usual. Oh well, I'm sure Dad and Kaiya know what they are doing, she thought. 

After several more minutes passed she heard music, specifically the twinkling music of my elephant and giraffe mobile.  Oh oh, she thought, I might need to go up and see if Dad needs some reinforcements.  There she found Dad slumped over my cot with a tired look on his face.  There was a window of opportunity and now it was gone, well from one perspective anyway. 

I was in my cot cooing, skylarking, and singing.  I felt so so wonderful and peaceful. I love the bunting in my room so much and I really love the fairy lights that are hanging with it. It is all so very beautiful and I was mesmerised. I was wide awake and having a very joyful and grand time.  

Muma had a try at soothing me to make me sleepy, but it wasn't going to work, I was just so happy. They made sure I was dry, and full and decided to make the most of the moment and take some photos and play. They thought that they would 'seize the day' and make the most of my happy mood. Eventually, after pulling faces to make me laugh and smile and coo I got very tired and drifted off to sleep in seconds. This was much to the relief of Mum and Dad. 

So that my friends is how you make the most of your day before slipping into your 11 hour sleep.  Good luck making the most of yours....

Love Kaiya Kelly Puggles oxoxox


Comments

Popular Posts